United Waterfowlers Web Forums  

Go Back   United Waterfowlers Web Forums > UW-F Public Forum

Old 05-28-2020, 08:01 AM
UW-F Executive Director

SFWMD WRAC Meeting

10 am on ZOOM, see SFWMD web site for details to attend.....Subject is Aquatic Plant Management (and other plant management)...Sure to be a "hot" meeting. I will be on the call....and will comment if possible...these meetings have little impact as there is little chance to "interact"...but, "this too will pass" and UW-F must keep up to date on the Presentations and District plans...
Old 05-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Quack Addict

Re: SFWMD WRAC Meeting

Newton,

If I am not mistaken, we have had a WRAC REC meeting in some time. The last one was cancelled when this whole pandemic started. I have yet to see it rescheduled?

Since that time we have had boat ramps closed for no reason, in turn causing loss of access in WMA's.

FWC seems to think that no STA "RECAP" meeting is needed for the second or third year and feels its okay to meet next February and March after this coming waterfowl season? Even though drastic changes are taking place with the opportunity of losing access

Any idea when a "REC" meeting will take place? I am not able to find a date?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2020, 12:17 PM
UW-F Executive Director

Re: SFWMD WRAC Meeting

All meetings are now being done on ZOOM....at this time no Recreation Meeting is scheduled, but I would expect things may be back to normal in the next few months....hoping for September...Meanwhile, I am working with staff....as several of us are...on the different issues....Working on trying to get the Quota off of FEB 1...for example...we already know the new walk in program for the STAs...