United Waterfowlers Web Forums  

Go Back   United Waterfowlers Web Forums > Dogs and dog training page

Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Scaup

Male Lab to breed my Yellow Female

I'm looking for a male lab to breed my female. She is a aka registered 2 y/o yellow female out of a kennel in south Georgia. Both of her parents were hunting/field trial dogs. She just went out of heat so she'll probably be ready in a few months. I'd like to line up a stud in advance so we can make arrangements for the courting to take place.

Wes 321-536-8935
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Regional Director

Re: Male Lab to breed my Yellow Female

Good luck Wes. I hope it works out for you.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Pintail

AKC black lab. Good hunting lines, no hip issues, etc. Litter mates where yellows, reds and blacks. 4 years old, very fit, good endurance/stamina. He is actually from an old member from this board that breeds them. (Now in TN)

Was at the last mudfest....not to be confused with Billy's loving boy

Old 08-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens View Post
AKC black lab. Good hunting lines, no hip issues, etc. Litter mates where yellows, reds and blacks. 4 years old, very fit, good endurance/stamina. He is actually from an old member from this board that breeds them. (Now in TN)

Was at the last mudfest....not to be confused with Billy's loving boy

Slim.....we both have "loving dogs"....my male is just a little older but just as handsome "in a Sean Connery way".....

Not sure which bathroom to use....look in your pants...there's your sign you "transbender AH"

"Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, but after a shooting, the problem is the gun!

"Guns are like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Member of "The Marina Mile Militia"

"The SOUTH shall rise AGAIN"..MASTER of the South
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Teal

I sent you these pictures of Jack yesterday. He's two years old and has a strong hunt drive. Let me know what you think.

561-312-2800
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Scaup

I found a suiter. Thanks for the interest and replies.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Teal

Just a crazy question here . Doesn't anyone care about test , for example . If one of the dogs is a EIC carrier and is bred to another carrier . The pups would most likely have EIC . Sorry , not wanted to offend anyone , but I've been involve with retriever's my hole life . I hate when I have people bring me their dogs to help train and they start having problems with hips and such . The dogs should have OFA hips , elbows , knees clear . Hips exam , the dog has to be at least 2 to be done . Also EIC and eyes . Just passing info for others that don't know much about the current health issues of today . Hate when someone pays big bucks for a lame dog in the future .
Old 08-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyak View Post
Just a crazy question here . Doesn't anyone care about test , for example . If one of the dogs is a EIC carrier and is bred to another carrier . The pups would most likely have EIC . Sorry , not wanted to offend anyone , but I've been involve with retriever's my hole life . I hate when I have people bring me their dogs to help train and they start having problems with hips and such . The dogs should have OFA hips , elbows , knees clear . Hips exam , the dog has to be at least 2 to be done . Also EIC and eyes . Just passing info for others that don't know much about the current health issues of today . Hate when someone pays big bucks for a lame dog in the future .
Don't forget CNM in addition to all of the above.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Scaup

What ever gave you the impression that tests have not or will not be done.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Teal

I didn't know if any test were done , because nothing in your post indicated any other than saying your dog was AKC . Sorry , I've been in the retriever game a long time , when looking for a mate , we would asked for bloodline ( like Lean Mac or Rebel without a cause ) . That would tell me Field trial genes , could be to much dog for a first time trainer . We always asked for test on the sire and dam . Just by knowing the Lean Mac Bloodline , it's a known carrier of the EIC gene . That means that I cannot breed to to another carrier . If I was breeding one of my labs , I've would have stated what test with the cert number which you can look for yourself were done up front and would required the same from the other owner . Also what titles ( HUNT TEST - HRCH or MH ) or Field Trial like open jam or AFC and FC . Even for straight up hunting dogs , I would still want tests . @ rcmannjr , forgot about CNM , lol . Thanks for keeping me in line .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: