United Waterfowlers Web Forums  

Go Back   United Waterfowlers Web Forums > UW-F Public Forum

Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 AM
UW-F Executive Director

FWC To Keep STA WalkIn Draw Program

I had hoped to wait for an offial FWC announcement as requested, but the “news is out” that the FWC Staff has decided to keep the STA Walk In Draw to replace No Shows in place next season. THANK YOU FWC! This is a reprieve while we can find a program that will reduce The crowds but also fill all quotas. Thanks to all who “politely” contacted the FWC expressing concern about the loss of the Walk In Draw. Now we must make sure to “self police” at the Check Stations and prevent any controversy. Thanks again to the FWC Staff for listening to the concerns of the duck hunters!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Pintail

Re: FWC To Keep STA WalkIn Draw Program

Thanks Newton and to all that communicated with FWC and other agencies!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Teal

And I was so looking forward to maybe getting a permit this year with the all the extra permits that would have been available.

I guess if I ever want to hunt there I will need to learn how to game the system
Old 04-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Quack Addict

That is great, chalk one up for common sense and for the good guy.

I still am foggy about whatever issues were perceived to involve crowding/behavior at the drawing, etc. I think there were one or two verbal abuse situations where some hunter unloaded on a hired FWC gate attendant - but what else?

I do get that there were limitations that arose within the software systems (and I trust they will be addressed if not resolved by the vendor and FWC).

But on the part we all CAN control -- whatever other "behavior issues" perceived to exist, I think we need to communicate that very specifically to the members and the public viewers here.

This will allow us to do just what you said, Newton -- mind our Ps and Qs. (We just need to spell those out.)

People who misbehave at the STAs are only slightly worse than those who make a career out of biatching about the former.