United Waterfowlers Web Forums  

Go Back   United Waterfowlers Web Forums > Classified (Buy / Sell / Trade)

Old 01-31-2018, 04:14 PM
Quack Addict

For sale 1748 prodigy

2015 PRODIGY 1748 ELITE

* Prodigy V Rake 0.125 Hull

* Custom 9 Gallon Fuel Tank

* 8 inch Cat Walks w/ Storage underneath

* Storage under front deck

* Half box storage in rear

* Coffin box w/ storage, seat and removable grab bar

* Lighting is all LED - Shark eyes and Green LED under gunnel lights

* Hydro turf throughout boat

* Spud poles

2016 HYPERDRIVE HDR 5500 MAG w/ Stainless Works exhaust, built by PRODIGY BOATS

2015 Magic Tilt Galvanized Trailer w/ Spare Tire

Boat is garage kept and well maintained

ASKING $16,800

Boat must go!! More pics available on request

John
954-410-6370
Attached Images

Last edited by godvlman; 01-31-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Quack Addict

Re: For sale 1748 prodigy

Dang, thats a beauty!
Old 02-01-2018, 06:38 AM

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Pintail

Would pulling my wife and I's house savings be frowned upon?!

man oh man... couple more years and hopefully have one just like it. Why are you selling?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefromflorida View Post
Would pulling my wife and I's house savings be frowned upon?!

man oh man... couple more years and hopefully have one just like it. Why are you selling?
Because I am crazy... spent many of hours building it.. gonna building another one in a few months (make a few changes)

No doubt best boat I have owned, and I have had a lot!!!

Last edited by godvlman; 02-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Pintail

nice rig ...good deal and good luck
one of my buddies just bought a 16' 17x54 prod with a big block gator tail w/ the carb/exhaust ...lots of accessories ...I think they paid 17500 which I thought was a good deal too. It's a beautiful rig but something is off / not set up properly - the boat barely did 20 kt's w/ 2 guys & 18 kts w/ 3 guys ..the motor was winding up to 4400 on the tach
the 2nd day out with it the motor broke down - they had bent pushrods under one of the OHV's...we made it in one 1 cylinder ...I'm kind of thinking those stock OHV's are not set up for the higher rpm's it's pushing . I know MB uses springs & rockers in their OHV's to accommodate the extra RPM's
regardless of that , I'm not sure if it was the prop, centering , too much weight, or whatever kept that boat from running properly
they had me run it to see if felt anything out of the ordinary from my rig and
I didn't care for the feel of the gator tail. I felt like I was fighting the tiller the whole time, where the mud buddy floats/outboard-ish. I told them to rebuild / sell the gator tail and go big...75hp Boss. Man's game. What's the performance on your rig ? 2 men - gear , etc...sorry to derail the add, don't see too many prod's for sale in Fl

Last edited by Pitchin' In; 02-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:10 AM
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchin' In View Post
nice rig ...good deal and good luck
one of my buddies just bought a 16' 17x54 prod with a big block gator tail w/ the carb/exhaust ...lots of accessories ...I think they paid 17500 which I thought was a good deal too. It's a beautiful rig but something is off / not set up properly - the boat barely did 20 kt's w/ 2 guys & 18 kts w/ 3 guys ..the motor was winding up to 4400 on the tach
the 2nd day out with it the motor broke down - they had bent pushrods under one of the OHV's...we made it in one 1 cylinder ...I'm kind of thinking those stock OHV's are not set up for the higher rpm's it's pushing . I know MB uses springs & rockers in their OHV's to accommodate the extra RPM's
regardless of that , I'm not sure if it was the prop, centering , too much weight, or whatever kept that boat from running properly
they had me run it to see if felt anything out of the ordinary from my rig and
I didn't care for the feel of the gator tail. I felt like I was fighting the tiller the whole time, where the mud buddy floats/outboard-ish. I told them to rebuild / sell the gator tail and go big...75hp Boss. Man's game. What's the performance on your rig ? 2 men - gear , etc...sorry to derail the add, don't see too many prod's for sale in Fl
Performance w/ 2 men & gear is about 33-34 mph WOT. Single person light its a little over 35 mph and have seen 37 mph WOT. It's a great idea to upgrade the push rods when you upgrade the motor. With the upgrades, it's also a great idea to keep an eye on the valve lashing, periodically. I often do it more that what is recommended by Mud Buddy.

A boat has to be really set up for the HOSS especially the 75 HP.. That is a heavy motor!!

Too many variables that could be thrown into the mix w/ your buddies boat to see those numbers?? I have never owned a gatortail but have owned numerous Mud Buddy's.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Quack Addict

Sold...
Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 AM
Sponsor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godvlman View Post
Performance w/ 2 men & gear is about 33-34 mph WOT. Single person light its a little over 35 mph and have seen 37 mph WOT. It's a great idea to upgrade the push rods when you upgrade the motor. With the upgrades, it's also a great idea to keep an eye on the valve lashing, periodically. I often do it more that what is recommended by Mud Buddy.

A boat has to be really set up for the HOSS especially the 75 HP.. That is a heavy motor!!

Too many variables that could be thrown into the mix w/ your buddies boat to see those numbers?? I have never owned a gatortail but have owned numerous Mud Buddy's.
what is VALVE LASHING?
Old 02-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlights View Post
what is VALVE LASHING?
Something that needs to be checked on mud motor engines, especially upgraded motors to prevent pushrod failure...

When the exhaust valve just begins to open on the first cylinder in the firing order, adjust the intake valve by loosening the adjusting nut slightly while spinning the pushrod until you feel lash in the rocker arm. Tighten the adjusting nut until the slack is taken out of the rocker arm and pushrod.

Mud Buddy site explains how to check and make the adjustments... if need be
Old 02-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godvlman View Post
Sold...

If I may ask..... did you get your asking price??

Txs

Not sure which bathroom to use....look in your pants...there's your sign you "transbender AH"

"Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, but after a shooting, the problem is the gun!

"Guns are like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Member of "The Marina Mile Militia"

"The SOUTH shall rise AGAIN"..MASTER of the South

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: