View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Sponsor Member

Re: Federal "new" Speed shok v Ultra sho

I guess I've always had a thing for double barrel guns in some fashion. The very first shotgun I ever bought was some no-name 12 gauge side by side I bought from my brother-in-law. It had 30" barrels, fixed chokes modified and full and felt like it weighed 10 lbs. Man, I enjoyed shooting that thing, killed my share of doves and ducks with it too until one of the barrels stopped firing. But I was hooked on SxS guns and have wanted another one ever since. Something old school about the look and feel that's always appealed to me

In addition to the Browning BSS I have a pair of field grade Citoris, a 12 gauge and a 20 gauge, both from 1983, both 26" barrels, fixed choke IC and Mod, for all practical purposes a matched pair. I like the feel of them both, very balanced and easy to handle, but as I get older I seem to be drawn more towards the 20 gauge guns, especially the side by side. Maybe it's the lighter gun, maybe it's the challenge of using a smaller bore, whatever the reason I find that I really like my BSS better than the O/U guns.

Originally Posted by duckbone:
QUOTA PERMITS...the root of all evil in florida hunting.